22ft Dawncraft canal and river cruiser
Low airdraft approx. 6′ due to flybridge and folding windscreen
Yamaha 9.9hp outboard, key start with remote control
Boat Safety Certificate to Nov 2024
Lying Semington on Kennet and Avon canal
Lindy Lee drives beautifully and is ready to go for a fantastic season of boating fun. She could be considered a day boat, extended cruising vessel or potential liveaboard.
Comes with everything you need to enjoy boating straight away; full set of fenders, ropes, windlass, barge pole, boat hook, anchors, pins and mallet. The outboard starts first time every time, just had oil and filter changed and brand new regulator rectifier fitted. Small and responsive she can go anywhere, turn on the spot and handles very well on both canals and rivers. She has been cruised on the Wey navigation, River Thames and Kennet and Avon canal and responded brilliantly in all situations.
This charming little boat has also been a liveaboard during lockdown from January – April 21, and was a warm, cosy and functional home.
Currently registered on a Constant Cruising Licence. As such the buyer will need to move her within two weeks of purchase.
Bought and updated with the intention to keep, a change in circumstances now forces sale.
She has been sympathetically restored, maintaining her original 1970’s style and interior, whilst making her a year round cruiser with modern touches.
Works completed include:
– Antifouled (Sept 20)
– Canopy professionally restitched and all canopy windows replaced (Sept 20)
– Cockpit subdeck replaced
– All floors replaced and treated with Osmo wood treatment for floors
– Repainted topside
– Reconditioned and reinstalled original water tank with potable water safe epoxy coating. All water system elements brand new; pump, tap, water pipes and fittings (Nov 20)
– New 150W solar panel and charge controller (Feb 2021)
– New 12v electrics throughout
– New leisure battery (Jan 2021)
– Insulated throughout with celotex insulation board
– Reinstalled original headlining (some marks and imperfections remain in this as it is original but the overall look is very good)
– Vintage French enamel wood burning stove installed; “Lily-X” by Deville stove makers. Kept the boat warm and dry all winter. All spares are still available for these beautiful stoves.
The front window has previously leaked and this has lead to some isolated damage to the interior woodwork in this area.
Some age related imperfections are evident as would be expected, however none of these affect useability or reliability. Overall she is in great condition for her age and will give her new owners a lot of joy in the years to come.
Upon completion of the auction a £100 payment will be required within 1 hour as a non-refundable deposit. Please only bid if you are a serious buyer who genuinely wants this lovely little boat. We are advertising elsewhere so may need to remove the listing at any time.
Any questions please don’t hesitate to get in touch on 07747 083847.
Current Price: £3250.00
This 22ft Dawncraft River Cruiser / Canal Boat 2 Berth Grp boat is located in Semington, Wiltshire, BA14 *** and is being sold on eBay by uk_size.