MODULAR KIT HOUSEBOAT PONTOON HULL
Here at Charnwood Floatation we are delighted to offer our unique, kit pontoon system. Optimised for houseboat projects, the float and bespoke framing provides a budget, adaptable, easily assembled alternative to traditional concrete, full-steel and interlocking plastic floating bases. With no kit component exceeding a ‘two man lift’ (eliminating any craning or slipway charges), a full, widebeam hull can be comfortably assembled directly in the water, even in limited access scenarios like a riverbank or marina finger mooring.
Additions and variations from listing
The quoted cost on this listing is for all components to assemble ONE 8′ x 12’7″ trimaran ‘raft frame’ (see pictures one and two), composed of three rotational moulded, linear polyethylene floats, with 304 stainless steel frames, brackets and fixings.
– To reach the desired length for your intended vessel, repeat this set in increments of 8′. eg. 40′ pontoon (5 x £2,125.80) = £10,629
– The kit can be adapted from trimaran to catamaran formation (£350 reduction per ‘raft’). eg. 40′ pontoon (5 x £1,775.80) = £8,879
– Altering the beam from the 12’7″ listed example has a comparatively negligible effect on total cost, please contact for a formal quotation.
** The framing kit is also available in UNFINISHED mild steel, perfect for budget constraints and those intending to finish with their own paint/galvanised dip **
Pontoon Kit Info
Examples of structures used (or proposed) thus far on top of an assembled pontoon ‘raft’ include; static caravans, shipping containers, glamping pods, log cabins, steel framed superstructures, timber framed homes, industrial workstations, horseboxes, ramped vehicle decks, launching yacht trailers, wet docks, covered boat storage, balcony decks, butties, tenders, painting platforms, lake houses, mooring pontoons, dragon boat boarding docks, powered party rafts, etc, etc!
– The ‘hull’ of a houseboat using the system wouldn’t require blacking or any standard, expensive maintenance
– Each float effectively works as a floatation ‘cell’. This adds a huge amount to the safety of a vessel, plus in the unlikely case of puncture, they are replaceable even after being framed
– Each float can comfortably account for 700kg of required vessel buoyancy; at 400mm draught and leaving a 200mm ‘freeboard’ of float above the waterline
– The floats provide a significant insulatory advantage compared to traditional displacement steel hulls
– The raft framing kit can be amended to individual requirements; eg. demountable support ‘sleighs’ for tidal beaching environments
By virtue of their shoulder-channel framing system, the floats can be arranged in multiple formations to suit site/function requirements, are extremely hard wearing, and their inherent versatility makes them ideal for almost any floating deck/pontoon/houseboat base project. Please see my other listings or contact me for individual float sales
– 6mm thick wall, moulded with strengthening contours
– Variable ‘ballast’ through opening the sealed, threaded access cap and adding water to achieve desired trim
– Integrated ‘through pipe’ to accept mooring posts, spud
legs or boat internal drain exits
– M10 captive bushes integrated into float body to attach
– Solvent, UV, saline and puncture resistant, rotationally moulded polyethylene
– Manufactured in the East Midlands under license, patent
Contact and Ordering
* Orders may require a five-week lead time dependent on stock levels
* Contact me to discuss formal payment terms and potential discounts for large orders
* Collection from LE12, or NG24 welcomed, delivery available at the best cost I can organise or by your own arrangement.
Feel very free to contact me on 07867 800458 to discuss your
project ideas. I can additionally offer personally tailored CAD models, bespoke
steel frame fabrication to suit your needs, delivery and on-site assembly if
(Please excuse the keyword flurry!)
Houseboat, house boat, widebeam, narrowboat, canalboat,
canal boat, barge, lakehouse, lake house, selfbuild, self build, offgrid,
tinyhome, floating home, water tank, pontoon, mooring, pier, floating dock,
fluid storage, barrel raft, alternative housing, kit boat, barge, liveaboard,
live aboard, floating cabin, industrial platform, river deck, flood, water
storage, large tank, 1000 litre tank, buoyancy tank, floatation tank, flotation
tank, flotation cell, DIY boat, pontoon hull, sailaway, commercial raft, butty,
lifeboat, ark, trimaran, catamaran, work boat, concrete hull alternative)
Current Price: £2109.50
This Stainless Steel Kit Houseboat Pontoon Hull Modular Floats And Frames Canal Boat boat is located in Barrow upon Soar, LE12 8PN and is being sold on eBay by charnwoodfloatation.