We are regrettably selling our beautiful, well maintained 50ft trad stern Colecraft narrowboat ‘LIEM- Life In Easy Motion’. LIEM has been a fantastic boat with a super reliable hull and engine. She is the perfect size for a full time live aboard and perfectly set up for continuously cruising (and pandemic based working from home!). We never fail to get a mooring spot even in the most popular locations due to her compact size and she is easy to turn around all over the network. We will be very sad to let our beautiful home go, but sunnier climes are calling.
– Constructed in 2004 and finished in moss green 2 pack epoxy with brass appointments. The outside paint job is in amazing condition, and always receives many compliments! The gunwales were painted August 2016. All steel construction, with a thickness of 10-6-4. Survey carried out in 2019 and 2017 (available to view) confirms the hulls great condition. Blacked and anodes fitted in November 2019 (has been blacked every 2 years before that). Extra large rear hatch, glazed steel front doors and steel side hatch. 4 brass mushroom vents and brass coloured window surrounds for the 6 large, and one small window and two 8″ rear portholes.
– A fused and isolated REC 265 watt solar panel is fitted to the roof, which provides enough power for solar only living from March-October (with fridge running!).
– Large gas locker with 2x 13kg Calor gas bottles, regulators and manual change over switch. Storage under both seats on bow.
– Stainless steel 130 gallon water tank under bow with Jabsco water pump and accumulator.
– A steel loop has been added onto the tiller to provide an easy secure attachment for a bike.
– Interior is ply lined in light oak, laminate floor laid 2016.
– Morso squirrel stove converted by lockgate to run on diesel. Well maintained, very economical and clean, recently calculated to use as little as 0.3l an hour. It is very easy to light and heats the boat perfectly in winter. There is a back boiler attached that heats 2 gravity fed radiators, one by the bathroom and one in the bedroom to keep the whole boat toasty.
– Futon Company sofa brought in 2019 which is the perfect for the room.
– Solid wood kitchen worktop with stainless steel sink.
– Thetford gas oven/grill and Vanitee 4 burner hob.
– Waeco 12v fridge with large core wiring and isolator.
– Bathroom with Thetford cassette toilet (comes with 3 cassettes), wash basin with under storage and tiled 2ft square shower unit with glass screen.
– New instant gas water heater (Next EVO X SFT) fitted in Nov 2020 to provide instant hot water.
– 4ft bed with 4 large drawers and one large storage space underneath.
– Double wardrobe with 2 shelves and plenty of storage.
– Hot water can also be supplied by calorifier, located in wardrobe (great for keeping clothes warm) and is heated by the engine.
– Rear engine room which houses the Beta Marine 35 engine. Engine is in fantastic condition and serviced every 6 months. Doesn’t smoke and starts first time, we have never had any issues.
– Mains electricity supplied by a Victron Multiplus 1600w inverter/charger. Has a shore line connection for battery charging at up to 70 amps and 240v pass through. Marine consumer unit fitted with a 16 amp MCB. An RCD and fuse/switch board for 12v electrics.
– Engine has 2 alternators, one 45 amp for starter battery and a 70 amp for domestic battery. Batteries monitored by Victron BMV-700 with Bluetooth. The solar panel is controlled by the Victron Smart Solar 75/15 (bluetooth).
– Three isolators, one for domestic 12v, one for fridge (2017) and one for engine. Three new (fitted August 2020) 105ah leisure batteries for domestic and 110ah battery for starter. Interior is lit by low wattage LED lighting and 12v sockets are located throughout the boat.
– The boat will include all cruising apparatus including good quality lines and fenders (new in August 2020) as well as an anchor and chain bought for cruising the Thames.
Please contact me to arrange a viewing before purchasing. We are currently cruising the Paddington Arm of the Grand Union Canal in London.
Current Price: £45000.00
This 2004 Colecraft 50ft Trad Stern Narrowboat boat is located in , and is being sold on eBay by .