44ft 1980 Narrowboat on permanent central Oxford mooring
Bethany is a 1980, Colecraft, 44ft cruiser stern narrowboat.
The boat was blacked in 2016, and again in September 2018.
The boat has a boat safety scheme certificate valid until 2022.
The boat is very clean, light and spacious inside and has been freshly decorated.
The boat is 4-birth: Fixed double at the stern (with large storage area underneath) + double sofa bed in the living area which also features a bespoke multi-drawer and shelf storage unit.
The boat is externally ‘scruffy’.
I am reluctantly selling Bethany due to a new Job. I have lived on Bethany most of the time over the last three years whilst working in Oxford, including through 2 uncommonly cold and snowy winters! The boat is warm and snug when it’s cold outside (provided you work the stove). The boat is perfectly sized for one or two people, with ample storage, cooking and bathroom facilities. The marina location is wonderful: a beautiful Thames island in the heart of Oxford – gated, secure, well equipped and friendly. I’ve found this boat at this marina to be a brilliant way to live and work in the centre of one of the UK’s most expensive cities!
Bethany has been cared for well by her last owner and I, and is lovely inside, perfect for a new owner to move straight in and arrange things to their own taste. The boat would benefit from external painting (this would certainly up her value), and as an older boat, there’s lots to tinker with. In the last 12 months I’ve replaced the batteries, water-pump and deck boards, as well as having the stern gland re-packed and the stove collar, cement and rope replaced ready for the winter.
When driving up river to be blacked there’s been no issues at all, and the engine starts first time, every time.
The boat is equipped as follows:
– Barrus Shire diesel engine
– Morso Squirrel solid fuel stove + scuttle, tools and stove fan
– Morco gas boiler
– Gas cooker with 4 burner hob, grill and oven
– Kitchen area with sink, storage drawers and cupboards
– 2 batteries (only 12 months old)
– Inverter and solar charge reader
– Carbon monoxide alarm, fire extinguisher and fire blanket
– Two large solar panels on roof feeding leisure battery
– Mini fridge
– Bathroom with Thetford cassette toilet, hand basin and hip bath with shower
– Built in cupboard opposite the bathroom with shelves and hanging rails for clothes
– Water tank + new water pump
– Large covered well deck for storage
– Radiator in the bedroom powered by the engine
– 2 external gas lockers
The boat sits on a permanent mooring at the beautiful and highly sought after Osney Mill Marina in central Oxford. The mooring is transferable to the new owner by agreement with the marina management.
The mooring is suitable for ‘pied a terre’, home from home living, and/or leisure use.
– Is a 2-minute walk to Oxford train station
– Is a 10-minute walk to Oxford city centre
– Is equipped with toilets and showers
– Is equipped with shore power, water and cassette toilet disposal
– Is gated and very secure
– Can provide boat maintenance and light engineering services
– Is 3.5 hours (by river) to Oxford Cruisers for haul out and blacking
– Has parking
– Is tranquil and friendly
Current Price: £25000.00
This 44ft Narrowboat On Central Oxford Mooring boat is located in Oxford, OX2 0AN and is being sold on eBay by larry.lynch2012.