For sale is ‘Peking’ my 1975 Colvic Watson 19’6” (5.94
metres long), partly refurbished.
L.O.A: 19’6” (5.94m)
L.W.L: 16’9” (5.10m)
Beam: 8’6” (2.59m)
Draft: 3’0” (0.01m)
Sail Area: 218
Ballast (internal): 1 ton
Engine: inboard – 12 hp Petter AC2W Mini Twin
Layout: – forward is a chain locker with storage, a V-berth and drop down table.
Galley: on the port side there is a small galley area with a two gas ring burner
Starboard side there is further seating and a drop down chart table.
Heads: a toilet compartment is on the portside of the vessel.
Wheelhouse/Cockpit: open cockpit with access to the engines and controls,
seats fitted to across the stern. New cockpit cover May 2010.
Deck equipment: Peking is fitted with manual winches,
blocks, tracks and sails. She
also has an anchor and chain with a manual anchor winch fitted.
Comments: Peking has carpet fitted in the cabin and is fitted out in Mahogany
This is the very popular and solidly built Colvic Watson. It is the
smallest in the range and gives good accomodation with standing headroom. Its
wide beam gives very good sea-keeping characteristics.
Previous owner started to
refit the boat for use as a liveaboard on the French Canals and did the following
– interior has been completely relined and generally renovated.
– fitted a new plastic diesel tank, new plastic water tank with 12 volt
– fitted a new Smev sink and burner combination.
– fitted new interior LED lights and new wiring for bilge pump, engine
compartment blower, new side navigation lights with new wiring and new wiring
for tricolour light, deck light and steaming light.
– fitted on deck new trackmark and new grabrails in teak.
– removed the sea toilet and made the space for a portapotty (all the skin
fittings remain in place if needed to reinstate the sea WC)
Items requiring attention:
– Previous owner fully rewired engine
starting and ignition. This needs checking and recommissioning as there are a
couple of wires that appear detached.
– Engine has not been started in my ownership (12 months) but turns over
fine by hand and oil appears clean. Will need checking, servicing and
recommissioning. One cooling system pipe has become detached and will need refixing
– All instruments will need checking and recommissioning.
– One cockpit drain tube is missing
– Some localised repairs needed to the wooden rubbing strake
– Other external woodwork needs retreating/varnishing
– Peking used to be on a mud berth and had a metal keel protector strip
fitted for that. The strip has now corroded in places and needs replacing or
simply removing if no longer needed.
– Cushions need recovering
– Previous owner did some antifouling work on the hull but I think some
of this would benefit from being redone.
– Good anchor and chain and various warps.
– Sails are in fair condition.
– The mast and boom in ok condition and has fairly good standing rigging
but needs all new running rigging. The mast has tricolour nav light but the instruments not fitted – they are fairly old but
included in the sale.
– The shaft, prop and bearing are good and it has a very good flexible
coupling from the gearbox and vetus exhaust system.
– Has bracket/mounting is place for an auxiliary outboard
Only for sale now as I have owned the boat for the last
year and have not found the time to do finish the recommissioning (boat is in
Bournemouth and I work in London).
I would describe the boat as a ‘rolling restoration’ – a lot
of the hard work has been done, but she does need further love and attention to
complete the refurbishment. Any additional works will clearly add value – the previous
owner bought Peking for £5,000 before he did all the refurbishment – I am only looking to recoup
what the boat owes me.
She is currently on hard standing in one of the prettiest
boatyards in Dorset, on a junction of the Rivers Avon and Stour and right in
the shadow of Christchurch Priory. Could be kept on there with the agreement of
the boatyard owners – current cost is c£28 per week + VAT with water/electric services
If new owner needs the boat relocating, I can help with
that (at buyers cost) – I had Peking trailered by road from her last home in
Happy to show any interested parties the boat – please do
get in touch.
Payment terms: boat must be paid for and collected within 7 days of sale unless new arrangements have been made with
boatyard owners for Peking to stay on there.
Any other questions, please do ask.
Current Price: £2950.00
This 1975 Colvic Watson 19’6” (5.94m) Motor Sailer. Partly Refurbished Project. boat is located in Bournemouth, BH6 *** and is being sold on eBay by earthvisitor.