“Kingcub” – Copeland Foxcub 18 Sailing Boat
The perfect starter boat, “Kingcub” is a fine example of the legendary Foxcub, one of Uffa Fox’s finest designs. She’s a great little cabin cruiser for adventures both small and large. She sails well for her size and her previous owner took her from the River Blackwater to the Walton Backwaters, Ipswich, Manningtree, Maldon & Rowhedge. She’s great for weekend and week-long cruises. Sleeps 2-4 comfortably (although the brochure claims 4).
Length (Feet): 18Year: 1970Beam (Feet): 6.42Hull Material: FiberglassDraft (Feet): 2
Comes complete with:
· A full suit of Crusader sails (new 2012); Main, Genoa & Spinnaker (the Genoa has a padded luff and can be reefed for stronger wind conditions and furled for storage. Plus second spinnaker – older, but still in good condition.
· New Vinyl cushions 2011.
· NASA Target 2 Depth Sounder (brand new, boxed, ready to be installed).
· 4hp 4-stroke Mariner ‘Sailmate’ outboard (recently serviced in 2019).
· Danforth anchor, holds her well and is easily retrievable.
· Compact camping stove for cooking with self-contained gas bottle.
· Mooring strop (brand new unused), horseshoe lifebuoy, fire extinguisher, deck mounted compass, fenders and spare ropes etc.
Her bilge keel and skeg set up is ideal for shoal water sailing, she happily sits on the keels. The cockpit lockers have been modified from standard so that they fully drain – she is a dry boat. She’s been well looked after and is in good condition for her age. Will require antifouling before she goes back in the water.
No trailer, but is currently laid up ashore on Mersea Island in Essex (opposite the chandlery). Viewing can be arranged, if required.
Great time to buy for the new season!
Make an offer, she’s got to go!
Current Price: £1000.00
This Foxcub 18 Cabin Cruiser Yacht Sailing Boat Daysailor boat is located in Colchester, CO5 8PA and is being sold on eBay by gactomy2009.