Magnum 21S – 2005 year. Stored in barn in Sussex
This boat has had a lot of upgrades / work done to make it easy to sail shorthanded. It is great for daysailing adventures with a real turn of speed. 12 knots is not uncommon… Upwind performance is good in flat water and she points much better than a Hobie cat or Dart.
She can be also be pulled up on a beach.
Draft is 1.4m with centreboard down. Bothe the rudder and centerboard have breakaway cleats that pop up if you touch the bottom. This prevents any damage. With foils up she draws a few inches.
Can be stored on the trailer, mooring or marina. With practice, 2 people can rig the boat from trailer to sailing in under an hour. There are some good videos on line that give tips.
She can easily be sailed singlehanded, including the Code Zero/furling gennaker.
Unsinkable design with foam filled hull and armas.
I have had a lot of fun with this boat in UK and Greece but selling as I now have a larger yacht.
• Repainted topsides (Toplac) and polished white areas. Needs re-waxing /polishing but paint good.
• Full bespoke storage cover – covers main hull and trampolines with zip cut outs for mast and shrouds. Made from Sunbrella – high quality with zips etc.
• New composite rudder (2016 from Virus) with spare wooden original (in VGC)
• Reinforced trampolines in good condition plus a brand new spare set from Virus. One of the trampoline rods is missing a plastic end cap – replaced with gaffer tape.
• New halyards, trapeze lines and some new sheets (2016).
• Upgraded kicker with clam cleat 2016.
• New jib – made by Batt sails 2016
• Spare jib in decent condition
• Mainsail with 2 reefing points. One small repair but sail in good condition
• Fully battened Mainsail converted to track cars – much easier to hoist and lower.
• Jib chute with line to raise. Protects jib from UV
• New mainsail cover (2016). Much easier to leave main rigged than removing main each outing.
• Lazy jacks
• Topping lift
• Upgraded metal camcleats on mast and boom. Some are side entry for ease of use. Plastic lam cleats replaced
• Barely used asymmetric spinnaker with new Hyde snuffer (2016)
• Code zero on continuous line furler. Works very well for short handed or higher winds reaching up to 65 deg apparent.
* Extending bowsprit for spinnaker. Plastic bush on bow for Bowsprit is cracked and has repair to limit any water ingress.
• Furling gennaker
• New main block with ratchet and adjustable sheeting angle (much easier to handle in a blow)
• Danforth style anchor with Anchor bag.
• Additional cleat and fairlead for stern mooring or anchoring
• Masthead wind vane (installed 2016)
• Coppercoat antifouling
• GPS “speed puck” readout mounted at base of mast.
• Trailer with new wheel bearings 2016. £500 spent.
I am selling without outboard but have a 6hp 4 stroke Mercury outboard in good condition fresh from service that I could negotiate to include for additional price. I also have a 10 HP Honda 4 stroke that gives 10knots under power.
Current Price: £4500.00
This Magnum 21s Trimaran – In Sussex Uk boat is located in Ifield, Crawley, rh11 0LQ and is being sold on eBay by farmerwilliam.