Moored in Langstone Harbour (Portsmouth). She is a 1969 Thames Marine Snapdragon 26 with lifting keel configuration, 5 berths, separate heads with sea toilet, twin burner with grill and small self draining sink.
Inboard Yanmar 1GM Diesel engine and auxiliary 6HP evinrude 2 stroke outboard (twin cylinder) on a lifting transom bracket.
Main and Furling Genoa in working order.
Electric lighting, bilge pump, fish finder / depth sounder, nav lights, GPS chart plotter including charts for NW Europe.
30W solar panel and automatic solar charge controller. Always have a fully charged battery!
Included in the sale is a nice delta anchor with 20m chain and 30m warp. Anchor windless system and bow roller makes anchoring easy. Mooring warps and extra warps / springs and 4 large fenders. In addition I am including an anchor ball, telescopic boat hook, fixed boat hook, bosuns chair, 4x safety harnesses, harness lines.
Work I have done on the boat since 2016:
– Replaced 4 of 6 seacocks and hoses
– removed engine and overhauled the head, serviced injector (professional), new engine mounts, water pump, governor, oil feed pipes, new starter motor, new alternator, thermostat, temp gauge, oil pressure sender, all raw water passages thoroughly cleaned. New prop shaft coupling and drive damper plate.
– new standing rigging (cap shrouds, forestay, and back stay all in 2016)
– New halyard (main), jib sheets, main sheet, main sheet blocks and jammer cleats. New halyard winch, entirely new kicking strap system, triple clutch cleat for topping lift, kicker, main halyard.
– replaced nav lights and interior lights, main battery wiring.
– removed and serviced genoa furler.
– outboard serviced with new gear oil, points, coils, all water canals cleared, new starter cord
She has a draught of just 0.9 meters (keel raised) and 1.5 meters extended, great for coastal cruising and can dry happily with the keel up. She can also be fitted with drying legs to keep her level when drying on the beach for example.
The bad bits:
– The lift keel has been up for 6 months and the mechanism seized. Needs to be freed.
– The Diesel inboard runs but does not produce full power. This may be due to needing new piston rings but needs investigation. I purchased the auxiliary outboard so the boat can be used while sorting the main engine. The inboard engine can be lifted out easily by hand with 2 people.
– port side, one of the stanchions needs to be refitted as it has come off the deck.
– general cosmetic work required on the deck (some filling and painting is required) to tidy her up including wooden locker covers needing work. There is a scratch on the topsides on the port bow that needs to be primed and finished. Steaming light/deck light needs to be fitted to mast (electrics already run and the light is already on the boat ready to be fitted).
Price reflects work needed.
She is currently on a swinging mooring in Langstone harbour and will need to be removed within 6 weeks of sale.
Langstone harbour fees are paid up until April 2020.
Want to stay in Langstone harbour? The mooring licence and hardware is also negotiable for a small additional fee.
Please get in touch with any questions.
Current Price: £1250.00
This Snapdragon 26 Sailing Yacht, Inboard Yanmar Diesel, Main & Furling Jib, 5 Berths boat is located in Southsea, PO4 9JL and is being sold on eBay by fazman100.